Cheryl is available for Group privates:
Bachelorette Party, Birthday Party of Any Age, Family reunions, Wedding Parties, Baby Showers, Summer Camps, Retreats
Call for more information: 928-499-1553
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training:
Learn MORE, Grow MORE, Give MORE
This Yoga Alliance approved school has held 200HR YTT for over 12 years, upholds the highest standards of yoga instruction and practice. The Lead instructor will be Certified Yoga Therapist Cheryl Walters who is also a E-RYT 500, along with having certifications in being a Veterans Yoga, Yoga of the Heart. Cheryl also has years of training & experience in the field of Yoga Therapy offering trauma sensitive yoga, Mental Health yoga, Kids & young adult Yoga, adaptive/chair yoga, 12 Step Recover Yoga. Cheryl has spent years creating therapeutic applications of yoga as powerful programs and weekly classes for a wide range of special populations. This is what Cheryl Walters is known for along with mentoring yoga teachers from around the US.
This Program includes in-depth study of the following areas: yoga asana, pranayama, bandha, mudra, mantra, meditation, yogic/tantric philosophy, yogic texts, anatomy/physiology, a therapeutic applications of yoga, basic Sanskrit…and so much more. This program will enhance your knowledge and skills in order to build your confidence as a yoga instructor. As a group we will create a safe and supportive environment for each student to have the space for practicing teaching and allowing them to practice verbal and physical adjustments, skillful language, effective demonstrations and sequencing. This training will bring together all aspects of great teaching and will support you as you build confidence to express your authentic voice in the world of yoga. At the completion of the 200 hour program you will receive a certification, which qualifies to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour RYT level.
The 200 Hour Yoga Studies program also covers the following special topics:
• Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra for special populations *Veterans Yoga
• Chair, Gentle and Senior Yoga
• Trauma sensitive Yoga
• Kids/Teen Yoga
• Yoga of the Heart (Cancer survivors, Heart Disease and Long Haul Covid)
The Yoga Studies program is in accordance with the Yoga Alliance National Standards and includes in-depth study and experience in:
• Practice and Training in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
• Philosophy and Ethics including Yama and Niyama
• Anatomy and Physiology – Physical and Energetic
• Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga
• Therapeutic Application of Asana
• Subtle Body Anatomy – Chakras & Nadis
• Alignment Principles, Modifications, Contraindications & Benefits of Numerous Postures
• Designing, Sequencing & Pacing a Yoga Class
• Ethical Aspects of the Yoga Profession
• Assisting & Adjusting Students
• Effective Communication Skills
• How to Create a Safe Learning Environment
• Processes for Self Study, Enhanced Personal Practice
• Practice Teaching, Giving and Receiving Feedback
7 weekends: September 2021 – March 2022
Do you love the feeling of practice, but are struggling to recharge your practices? Do you want to dedicate yourself to practicing with a group of similarly dedicated people? Maybe you are feeling a bit rusty or stuck as a yoga teacher and you are looking for a opportunity to push that refresh button with support of others on the same journey?
This Svadhyaya tune-up is designed for:
- Anyone that has completed a 200hr YTT and is ready to delve deep into their practice
- Anyone whether you are a teacher or a student who holds a 200hr certificate who in interested in delving further into your own personal yoga therapies or you want to learn how to design a yoga class or a special population
- 200hr certified teachers who desire to bridge that gap into becoming a 500hr trained and certified teacher
- 200hr certified teachers/student who’s deepest hearts longing is to be of service to the community they live in
This opportunity will also include:
- Conversations and practices of the 8 limbs of yoga
- Self study & self reflection into living your yoga philosophy off your mat.
- Glimpses into the power of alignment in yoga practices;
- Yoga business and building a student base.
- Community cultivation & building
- Becoming a Mentor to new yoga teachers
7 weekends: September 2021 – March 2022
Cheryl Walters – CYI, E-500RYT, YACEP, BHT
Cheryl Walters has been teaching and sharing the gifts of yoga since 2001. She has been the director and lead instructor for Yoga Intensive Studies Programs and Yoga teacher training for Yoga Alliance locally for over 10 years. She has trained over 80 yoga students to become yoga teachers, and continues to mentor yoga teachers and yoga students Worldwide.
What separates Cheryl from other yoga mentor’s is her years of experience with teaching yoga to different populations( Yoga for Vets, 12 Step Yoga, Yoga for M.S, PTSD & Trauma survivors, Healing from Body Image & Disordered Eating through yoga) and her years of being a successful professional yoga teacher and studio owner. Her guidance is rooted deeply in the belief of everyone’s infinite potential for greatness, never doubting the power of LOVE and never forgetting that our birthright is JOY!
Cheryl’s life has been deeply enriched by the many gifts of yoga and has study several styles of yoga, but always finds herself returning to the powerful method of Anusara Yoga which she is certified in. Cheryl’s knowledge is expansive covering yoga therapy, physical adjustments, universal principles of alignments, asanas and yogic philosophy. The business of yoga and yoga for special populations. Cheryl has been in the field of integrated therapies and body-centered therapies along with addiction counseling for more than 35 years. She has impacted hundreds of people’s lives on and off the mat.
Her teaching style is straight from her heart and full of compassion, depth and grace. Cheryl shines with her joy for life and love of people. She is passionate about the transformation that exists for everyone within the practice of yoga. Cheryl has a remarkable gift for inspiring everyone around her to live and be their fullest potential, celebrating the beauty of life in all its diversity.
“My strength, endurance, balance and mostly my sense of well-being have improved …”
“I would not be here today without this gift”
“My yoga will never be the same after experiencing her heart felt grace”
“Every person whose heart is moved by love and compassion …”
“The pain I had is gone and I’m gaining flexibility”
“Cheryl has a beautiful and open heart with an infectious sense of humor”